I'm working on a new story. Here's what I've done to try to get my main character to tell me what she really wants:
- Let her ramble. She likes to talk about everything but her story. Her ramblings are getting tiresome.
- Took her for long walks. I'm exhausted. Even the dog is tired. Main character is still keeping secrets.
- Whined about her problems to friends and family. Hmm. Notice that many of them make a quick getaway whenever I mention MC's name.
- Whined about her problems to other characters. But all they want to do is talk about themselves.
- Tried meditation. Fell asleep.
- Ate chocolate. Main character is still telling very little, but hips are getting quite big.